Nov 25, 2009
I’ve decided to compile a list of things that I believe make me a good member of the BNC club. Here you go:
- I constantly find myself focusing on keeping my knee locked (one at a time and at least for 30 seconds ) while changing my baby’s diaper.
- I've developed a mild case of OCD since I've started practicing BY. I've been repeating everything in multiples of three. No, I haven't told my co-workers to “lock the knee, lock the knee, lock the knee” or “push, push, push”, not yet :) but in a meeting I told everyone: “it’s essential to communicate, communicate, communicate” and to “escalate, escalate, escalate”. Everyone was looking at me with a weird face and I couldn’t figure it out why at first. I also told my 4 year old to “brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush YOOOOUR teeth”.
- I am always cold outside of the Bikram room. No matter what the temperature is. I enjoy very high temperatures in general. I love sitting in my car with the windows closed and the A/C off, especially when the car has been sitting in the sun for hours and is very VERY hot outside, almost burning. Someone once commented “do you think this is a f@#$^ing Bikram room? Please turn the A/C on. I am dying in here”.
-I once dreamed I was participating in the BY Championship and chose the savasana as my advanced pose. I was so proud of myself. I was sure I was going to win. Then Bikram stood up from his chair and said "what the f@#$^ are you doing?". I woke up late that morning with a big smile on my face, in Savasana of course.
-I enjoy Bikram related videos: vintage ones, championship ones ... you name it. I like them as much as a good independent movie. I am also fascinated with Bikranisms, Bikram stories, TT pictures… anything related to BY really. I am waiting for my new license plate to arrive, something related to the subject. Hopefully, nobody steals my car while I am in class.
- I am looking forward to spending my vacation next year in a room with another 300 people. It’s going to be the highlight of 2010.
- I really want Bikram to jump on my back during stretching pose and give me a number. So prestigious. I shared this with some family members and friends, they worry about me. LOL
Just to name a few things :)
I compiled this list last year. My position has not changed. Since then I've attended the Yoga Asana Championship in LA, Bikram Yoga Teacher Training in both Las Vegas and San Diego, completed a couple of challenges ( one 60 and two 30),
received my BY license plate, attended Jim Kallett's seminar and learned how to lock my knee during Dandayamana Janushirasana ... well, a little bit longer ;) I've also met amazing Bikram yogis / yoginis and truly inspiring bloggers. Beautiful people. I love my life !!
New Bikram related dreams / goals:
- Lux Yoga retreat
- Practice at some Bikram studios in Europe
- Teacher Training eventually
Now, what makes YOU a member of the Bikram Nerd Club?