Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Are you a member of the Bikram Nerd Club (BNC)?

Nov 25, 2009

I’ve decided to compile a list of things that I believe make me a good member of the BNC club. Here you go:

- I constantly find myself focusing on keeping my knee locked (one at a time and at least for 30 seconds ) while changing my baby’s diaper.

- I've developed a mild case of OCD since I've started practicing BY. I've been repeating everything in multiples of three. No, I haven't told my co-workers to “lock the knee, lock the knee, lock the knee” or “push, push, push”, not yet :) but in a meeting I told everyone: “it’s essential to communicate, communicate, communicate” and to “escalate, escalate, escalate”. Everyone was looking at me with a weird face and I couldn’t figure it out why at first. I also told my 4 year old to “brush your teeth, brush your teeth, brush YOOOOUR teeth”.

- I am always cold outside of the Bikram room. No matter what the temperature is. I enjoy very high temperatures in general. I love sitting in my car with the windows closed and the A/C off, especially when the car has been sitting in the sun for hours and is very VERY hot outside, almost burning. Someone once commented “do you think this is a f@#$^ing Bikram room? Please turn the A/C on. I am dying in here”.

-I once dreamed I was participating in the BY Championship and chose the savasana as my advanced pose. I was so proud of myself. I was sure I was going to win. Then Bikram stood up from his chair and said "what the f@#$^ are you doing?". I woke up late that morning with a big smile on my face, in Savasana of course.

-I enjoy Bikram related videos: vintage ones, championship ones ... you name it. I like them as much as a good independent movie. I am also fascinated with Bikranisms, Bikram stories, TT pictures… anything related to BY really. I am waiting for my new license plate to arrive, something related to the subject. Hopefully, nobody steals my car while I am in class.

- I am looking forward to spending my vacation next year in a room with another 300 people. It’s going to be the highlight of 2010.

- I really want Bikram to jump on my back during stretching pose and give me a number. So prestigious. I shared this with some family members and friends, they worry about me. LOL

Just to name a few things :)

I compiled this list last year. My position has not changed. Since then I've attended the Yoga Asana Championship in LA, Bikram Yoga Teacher Training in both Las Vegas and San Diego, completed a couple of challenges ( one 60 and two 30),
received my BY license plate, attended Jim Kallett's seminar and learned how to lock my knee during Dandayamana Janushirasana ... well, a little bit longer ;) I've also met amazing Bikram yogis / yoginis and truly inspiring bloggers. Beautiful people. I love my life !!

New Bikram related dreams / goals:
- Lux Yoga retreat
- Practice at some Bikram studios in Europe
- Teacher Training eventually

Now, what makes YOU a member of the Bikram Nerd Club?

20 comments:

  1. That was great fun! What a fantastic post!

    The other day when the love of my life and I were having a tiff about our weekend plans I said “Oh gosh, don’t be such a broken umbrella”, he did not get it; not sure if I do either but what a great laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His name is not Tom by any chance, is it? ;) hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think blogging about yoga automatically makes us members of the BNC. This list is really, really wonderful. Let me know if there is anything I can bring you from NY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true. We are all members of the BNC. I just like to hear funny stories. Hmmm what can you bring from NYC? Junior Cheesecake, Max Brenner chocolates. Naaaa, just bring yourself, C !! Looking forward to it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm, this list is AMAZING!!! Can we make a BNC t-shirt or something??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to !! I was thinking of making t-shirts with BY related 'slogans' to pay for BYTT expenses in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice sharing!
    I am glad to found your post in which you offered beneficial information. I enjoyed to read your post.

    Thanks
    Penny Auctions

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha you're funny. I like your blogging style...keep it up, keep it up, keep it uuuuuup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (NOT SPAM!) Just wanted to get that straight.

    Came across your page and...

    I think you'd be a great addition to our site as a contributing writer. All we can offer you is more exposure if you write/blog on our site; however, we're totally cool with you cross-promoting your site as well - so long as you're blogging on our site and not just dropping links.

    You're welcome to writing on any of our pages, so you're not just limited to sports - unless of course you want to do only that. Heck, you can even post the same articles you post on your page, just post them on ours as well. Our goal is ultimately to become an online magazine - we're in the early stages right now.

    So what say you?

    www.thewriteguyz.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hola, soy español, me quedaré aqui un ratito a leer tu blog,


    un saludo de corsario

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw some very interesting posts here. You are very enthusiastic about blogging. It was a pleasure to meet you. I follow you too. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the title, had to stop.

    Nice work. I came across your blog while “blog surfing” using the Next Blog button on the blue Nav Bar located at the top of my blogger.com site. I frequently just travel around looking for other blogs which exist on the Internet, and the various, creative ways in which people express themselves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooooo ...
    nice to see and read your blog :)
    keep it up :D
    more post :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow - the comments really began a quick decline - addictions? body shaping? hot pictures? What on earth?! Anyway, I LOVE your nerdy Bikram activities. I've just begun to practice but can certainly see the BNC progression particularly as it pertains to lock the knee. The darn thing has a mind of its' own thus far. Trying to be patient. Anyway, your thoughts were very motivating so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing. My desire is that I will visit it.
    http://crossoverglobal-event.dk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG! Great post.

    I'm a BY obsessive too. When I'm not in the room - I'm thinking of being in the room!

    ReplyDelete