Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 7 - Being honest to myself

Sunday - 4:30 pm
I love practicing Bikram when it's raining outside. There is something very relaxing about the sound of the raindrops against the windows and the roof. I felt I was in a spa. The room was hot but not too humid. It was perfect. I tried not too drink too much water during class, just 1 small sip before standing head to knee pose. I was ready to reach for my water bottle before fixed firm pose when I remembered something that one of our teachers told us "be honest to yourself. Are you drinking water because you really need it or out of habit? Let go" aha, this is definitely a habit. And with that thought I completed the class with no extra water breaks and feeling amazing. Let's see if I can do it again tonight :)

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I love the sound of rain! Especially there, because it is infrequent (except for this year!). Oh, how I miss SD in the winter. Your post sets a super-relaxing tone, which I will try to keep in mind when I practice tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete