Saturday, October 10, 2009

Bikram Yoga 60-Day Challenge - Day 1

Today I went to Bikram class determined to start my 30-day challenge. The studio owner reminded me that I haven't been there for a while. I know :( First, the 2-week trip to Spain (at least I managed to take a Bikram class at the only studio in Madrid) then a 5-day Birthday weekend with close relatives and finally some laziness on my part, I must confess. I couldn't wake up at 5:15am last Thursday for my 6:00 am class.

But now it's Saturday, I am back and very focus. I tell the studio owner that she’ll be seeing me more often as I am planning on visiting Bikram's Torture Chamber for the next 30 days. She replies "ohhh, I am going to offer a 30-day challenge to all students starting November 1st. It's going to be awesome. It's going to include prizes provided by some friends of mine like a 60 minute Swedish massage, a 60 minute facial and 1 month of unlimited classes". It sounds fantastic. I can go for that. My mind starts wondering though. I have already mentally sign up for a 30-day challenge starting today. When I tell her she encourages to go for a 60-day challenge instead since it's Bikram's initial recommendation anyway. Sounds interesting!!

So this is where I stand. I am starting my challenge today and I am committed to complete at least 30-days and revisit, on day 29, the possibility of completing an additional 30 days. We'll see. BTW, the class today was hard. As I mentioned I haven't taken any class for a while. On top of this, I am sore from my Body Works (= cardio / weight lifting) class last night. I stopped a couple of times in the middle of the class (something I normally don't do) but I finished. 29 classes to go!! Or maybe 59 <-- this number scares me. I went running 5 miles after class. Very tired!!

No comments:

Post a Comment