Thursday, October 22, 2009

Bikram Yoga 60-Day Challenge - Day 12 and 13

Day 12 - Wednesday 6:30pm
This was my second class with Sarah. She is an amazing instructor. Today, I borrowed a yoga mat from the studio since I left mine in the car and there was no time to grab it. What a difference!!! I am now convinced that having the right tools makes all the difference in the world. The mat was very thick unlike mine. As I was standing on top of it, I felt more grounded. Very focused throughout the practice.
During Standing separate leg stretching pose, I was able to reach the floor with my head. However, I celebrated too early and felt down miserable :( Need to remember to look forward next time. The rest of the class went well.

Day 13 - Thursday 6:00am
Added my name to the 30-day challenge board in the studio. For some reason I thought I had to wait until Nov 1st to do this. So far, 4 people have signed up including 2 instructors. I wonder if everyone else is waiting until day 1 of the challenge since the owner has offered a special rate for the 30-days.

The class went very well. I found triangle pose extremely challenging as usual. Once this pose was over, I felt the rest of the class was a piece of cake. I know it's not true but that's what my mind is telling me every single time we reach this point. The instructor talked a little bit about the 30-day challenge and advised us to observe the habits that we are creating every day, followed by a quick reminder of minimizing water breaks during postures, etc... After the class, she gave me a nice and energizing gift for the completion of my own challenge, almost 2 weeks. Some electrolyte packets. So nice!!!

I am looking forward to class tomorrow already. I wish I could do a double today but logistically it's not feasible :(

No comments:

Post a Comment