Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bikram Yoga 60-Day Challenge - Day 38

Monday 6:30 pm

Another amazing class with Coleen. She is full of energy and always makes us laugh. The class was full, at least 45 people. I was in the front row, so close to the mirrors I could almost touch them during awkward pose. I practiced with complete empty stomach for the first time. No food for almost 12 hours before class. No, I am not fasting. I just didn’t have time for breakfast or lunch (crazy schedule at home and work). This was not good but it was tolerable to some extent.

Still, better than when I took a class with a full stomach and puked on my mouth four times because I didn’t want to leave the room. Sorry, this might be a little bit gross but it’s a reality that happened to me. At least now I know what to do and what not to do before class. Sticking with eating 3-4 hours before.

Just posting the good, the bad and the ugly about my practice. Someone asked me the other day if there were any negatives. My answer: “NO…I mean YES, lots of bad hair days”. That’s all I could think of.

I often blog about annoyances (some classmate with bad smell, a lady placing essential oils in her mat, the teacher not using the word “change”, the dead fly in the fluorescent light that is looking down at me during savasana, the lack of space in some studios I have visited) but the truth is that at the end of the day all these things are insignificant. What matters is our own practice. Giving 100% each time, no matter how crowded, how smelly, how much I like the studio or the teacher. The instructor said something I really liked “all you need is in this room right now”. YES! And Yes, I will continue blogging about the little annoyances, it's in my nature :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment