Monday, November 2, 2009

Bikram Yoga 60-Day Challenge - Day 23

Sunday 10:00am

This is the first time that I go to Bikram Yoga class with a hangover. Yes, Halloween was great. Lots of eating and drinking and two back-to-back parties. I am actually surprised that I had "energy" to post something, even if it was a few lines. Need to keep track of this beautiful journey ;)

Today was the first day of the 30-day Bikram Yoga Challenge at the studio. Lots of people signed up in the last minute. This is exciting. Not sure if it was crowded because of this or because everyone needed the extra hour of sleep after Halloween night. Also, the clocks were changed backwards last night. I just couldn't wake up at 8:00 so I went for the 10:00am. The class went well, considering :)

The teacher said something in the class that made me think - "remember the body is stronger than the mind". Really? The mind is definitely more powerful than the body. I always thought. Then, a few hours later I was running my 8K (like every Sat and Sun). At about 1 mile I started feeling tired and I wanted to quit, my mind was procrastinating and wondering in all directions, finding excuses for returning back home. Then I told myself "yes, I do this every single weekend, why not now? I don't have a full stomach. I am not thirsty. I don't want to go to the bathroom or anything. Be honest to yourself". My mind is weak, my body can do it. I have done it before. Ohhhh, that's what she meant. It's not that your body is stronger than your mind is that your mind is weak. This is my new mantra for running.

One more thing - I had a weird Bikram dream that night. A sign that I am becoming a Bikram nerd, maybe? :-) Anyway, I was actually participating in the Bikram Championships and decided to do a savasana for my choice pose. I woke up laughing and wondering if this has ever happened before. LOL. If you know of a real life example, please post a link here. I MUST see it!!! I think I had this dream because one of my teachers who keep saying "savasana is the most challenging, most important pose… bla bla bla..."

1 comment:

  1. I've been saying for YEARS that I'll pay 50 bucks to the first person I see who does savasana as one of the optional advanced postures in a championship. After all, it IS the hardest one!

    ReplyDelete