Thursday, November 5, 2009

Bikram Yoga 60-Day Challenge - Day 26 and 27

Day 26 - Wednesday 6:30 pm

The afternoon classes are the best. Our teacher was a little bit moody though. I understand is not right for students to leave in the middle of the class because they have prior engagements. This is not a good reason. They should, at least, notify the instructor ahead of time. I can tell the instructor didn’t like it one little bit. Also, she is very particular about group energy and always starts counting when every single person in the class is in the pose. Well, some students were exhausted after the first 20 minutes of class. It was very hot. When "Standing head to knee pose" arrived some people were not locking their knees, they were just standing there breathing. Again I could tell she was not happy. "Como'n people, you are sucking everyone's else energy", she kept saying. Then she made a similar comment when we were doing the sit ups after each savasana as everyone was starting and finishing at different times. "Guys you are not listening to the dialogue, please pay attention, don't anticipate, feel the energy in the room".

All things said, I had a good class. She sat next to me and adjusted me during Janushirasana with Paschimottanasana. Need to have my back more flat. I want to be able to touch my toes with my forehead. I want Bikram to jump in my back and give me a number. Right now, I am at least 6 inches away :(


Day 27 - Thursday 6:00am
"RELAX YOUR MIND, RELAX YOUR mind, RELAX your mind, relax......" Zzzzzzz. Today, I felt to sleep during final Savasana. It was fantastic!!! The teacher's voice was very smooth. Great for savasana but just OK for the rest of the class. I could hardly hear him at times. I thought it was me but then another student asked me after class if I was able to hear the instructor.

No comments:

Post a Comment