Sunday, November 22, 2009

Bikram Yoga 60-Day Challenge - Day 43 and 44

Saturday 8:00 am
A good class but I didn’t receive any corrections, adjustments nor did I notice major improvements. However, I did feel energized and happy after class though so I went for a 5 mile family run to celebrate. Soon after that, my hamstrings started killing me :(

Sunday 8:00 am
Beautiful Sunday. Good class, similar to the one yesterday. Thankfully I wasn’t sore when I woke up this morning.

The highlight of the day was and still is my latest acquisition, some Amar Chitra Katha comics I received from a friend who is visiting from Bangalore, including the first book of Mahabharata. I am very excited about this. I watched Mahabharata a while back (love Indian movies) and I have the first book as well but I never have read it. This is a less dense version since it’s made for kids. I’ll be reading this to my daughter at night time now.

I love all things Indian (food, music, movies, languages, etc..). I can’t remember how far back my love affair for India goes, but I have the fondest memories of my 10-day trip to India 2 years ago. I attended one of my best friend’s wedding, a small one (just 5000 people) and a short one too (9 days long). LOL. This was probably one of the best experiences of my life.

From several bloggers, I have read that Bikram loves to keep everyone up ‘til late hours during teacher training to watch his Indian movies and chat. I can’t wait to do this one day. This would be the easiest part for me, even if it means sleeping for only few hours.

4 comments:

  1. mmmmm...Indian food. We have a yummy place here called samosa factory that makes very good Indian food. I'm glad to hear you had a good class, and the fact that you ran five miles to celebrate had me falling out of my chair. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. BY and running go very well together. I highly recommend it ;) I also heard about the Samosa factory from someone is going through TT now. I think he mentioned that the owners are also BY students. That's awesome. I need to check it out next year. I hope Bikram keeps the TT in Las Vegas since it's not that far from here ( 5 hour drive maybe?). I learned from you that anyone can drop by TT and take a class. That's how I am spending my vacation next year :-) Well, at least a couple of days. Yahoooo

    ReplyDelete
  3. cirita~ My doors are always open to yogis! Even if you don't stay with me, we will at least need to take class together...at training and you must come to my beautiful studio! I hope he keeps it here too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Siiiiii, we'll take a class together next year ;)

    ReplyDelete